The Hampton Police Department's electronic signs have been posted around the beach area to warn drivers that runners will be in the roadway Sunday due to the annual Smuttynose Rockfest, which includes a marathon and a half-marathon.
Several roads in the area will be closed during the event, and signs were out Friday warning of those closures. Special mailings were also delivered to local residents to warn them of impending road closures and ask that they use caution due to the runners.
Three individuals have been charged since unlicensed Seabrook teen driver Darriean Hess struck four cyclists — killing two — on the Neil R. Underwood Memorial Bridge last month during a large ride through the area.
- Rep. Says Fatal Crash Shows Laws Need Changing
- Teen Driver Who Caused Fatal Crash Out on Bail
- Alleged Drug Dealer Blamed for Causing Conditions of Fatal Crash
- Third Person Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- Dealer Gave Darriean Hess Fentanyl Before Crash
- Students to Unite to Display 'Purple for Pam'
- Injured Cyclist: 'All of Us Were Doing What We Loved'
- Outpouring of Support 'Appreciated More Than Words Can Say'
- OBIT: Elise Bouchard, Fatal Crash Victim
- Alleged Heroin Dealer Also Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- 'Devastated' Hess Family 'Should Suffer,' Says Victim's Family
- Driver in Fatal Hampton Crash Held on $50K Bail
- Fatal Crash Driver: I Took My 'Eyes Off the Road for a Few Seconds'
- BLOG: Fatal Hampton Crash Shows Changes Are Needed
- Darriean Hess, 19, Charged with Negligent Homicide
- Small Bridge Memorial Honors Fatal Crash Victims
- Teen Driver Charged with Causing Fatal Crash
- Survivor Describes Hampton Bike Crash
- Police May Charge Darriean Hess This Afternoon
- Still No Charges for License-less Driver Who Caused Fatal Hampton Crash
- Do Local Bike, Car Laws or Roads Need Changing?
- Police: Driver At Fault for Accident that Kills 2 Bikers
- Two Bikers Killed by Vehicle During Hampton Race
- Multiple People Reportedly Struck Near Route 1A Bridge