Scott Martin, 19, of 459 Lafayette Road, Apt. 8, was served a summons charging him with a violation-level offense of allowing an improper person to operate. Police allege that on Sept. 21, sometime after midnight, Martin allowed Hess to operate his 2002 Honda vehicle, knowing she was not licensed to do so. Martin was issued a summons to appear in Seabrook District Court on Oct. 23.
Hess, 19, also of Seabrook, is facing charges of negligent homicide and second degree assault in connection with Saturday's fatal crash on the Neil R. Underwood Memorial Bridge.
Hess was pulled over after doing 59 in a 30-mph zone while crossing north over the bridge at 12:45 a.m. Saturday, less than eight hours before police say she caused the collision that killed two cyclists and injured two others.
Also charged in connection with the fatal crash is Cindy Sheppard, 48, of 51 Ocean Blvd., Apt. 5, in Hampton. She pleaded not guilty Thursday to a violation-level offense for allowing Hess to use the 2002 Honda Civic that Hess operated during the crash, and prosecutors say additional charges may be coming.
Anyone with further information on this incident is asked to call the Hampton Police Department at 603-929-4444 or make anonymous tips through the Crimeline for the Hamptons at https://www.tipsubmit.com and selecting Hamptons as the region or by texting to the word CRIMES (274637) with the keyword Hamptons.
- Hess' Drug Dealer Blamed for Causing Conditions of Fatal Crash
- Third Person Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- Dealer Gave Darriean Hess Fentanyl Before Crash
- Students to Unite to Display 'Purple for Pam'
- Injured Cyclist: 'All of Us Were Doing What We Loved'
- Outpouring of Support 'Appreciated More Than Words Can Say'
- OBIT: Elise Bouchard, Fatal Crash Victim
- Alleged Heroin Dealer Also Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- 'Devastated' Hess Family 'Should Suffer,' Says Victim's Family
- Driver in Fatal Hampton Crash Held on $50K Bail
- Fatal Crash Driver: I Took My 'Eyes Off the Road for a Few Seconds'
- BLOG: Fatal Hampton Crash Shows Changes Are Needed
- Darriean Hess, 19, Charged with Negligent Homicide
- Small Bridge Memorial Honors Fatal Crash Victims
- Teen Driver Charged with Causing Fatal Crash
- Survivor Describes Hampton Bike Crash
- Police May Charge Darriean Hess This Afternoon
- Still No Charges for License-less Driver Who Caused Fatal Hampton Crash
- Do Local Bike, Car Laws or Roads Need Changing?
- Police: Driver At Fault for Accident that Kills 2 Bikers
- Two Bikers Killed by Vehicle During Hampton Race
- Multiple People Reportedly Struck Near Route 1A Bridge