Scott Martin, 19, of Seabrook, was arraigned on a violation-level offense of allowing an improper person to operate a motor vehicle in connection to the Sept. 21 crash on Hampton's Neil R. Underwood Memorial Bridge.
Police allege Martin knowingly let Darriean Hess, 19, also of Seabrook, get back behind the wheel of his 2002 Honda hours after she was stopped for speeding near the bridge, even though he knew she didn't have a driver's license and even though police had ordered Hess not to drive.
Hess, whom police have said was on a strong prescription painkiller given to her by an alleged drug dealer, soon after caused the fatal crash.
Hampton District Court staff said Wednesday that a date has yet to be set for Martin's trial.
Hess, 19, also of Seabrook, is facing charges of negligent homicide and second degree assault in connection with the incident. The alleged drug dealer, Cindy Sheppard, 48, of 51 Ocean Blvd., Apt. 5, in Hampton, has also been charged in connection to the incident.
- Darriean Hess' Fiancé to Be Arraigned Wednesday
- Probable Cause Found for Hampton Woman Who Gave Hess Drugs, Car
- When Is Darriean Hess Due Back in Court?
- Special Safety Warnings Posted for First Race Since Fatal Crash
- Rep. Says Fatal Crash Shows Laws Need Changing
- Teen Driver Who Caused Fatal Crash Out on Bail
- Alleged Drug Dealer Blamed for Causing Conditions of Fatal Crash
- Third Person Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- Dealer Gave Darriean Hess Fentanyl Before Crash
- Students to Unite to Display 'Purple for Pam'
- Injured Cyclist: 'All of Us Were Doing What We Loved'
- Outpouring of Support 'Appreciated More Than Words Can Say'
- OBIT: Elise Bouchard, Fatal Crash Victim
- Alleged Heroin Dealer Also Charged in Fatal Hampton Crash
- 'Devastated' Hess Family 'Should Suffer,' Says Victim's Family
- Driver in Fatal Hampton Crash Held on $50K Bail
- Fatal Crash Driver: I Took My 'Eyes Off the Road for a Few Seconds'
- BLOG: Fatal Hampton Crash Shows Changes Are Needed
- Darriean Hess, 19, Charged with Negligent Homicide
- Small Bridge Memorial Honors Fatal Crash Victims
- Teen Driver Charged with Causing Fatal Crash
- Survivor Describes Hampton Bike Crash
- Police May Charge Darriean Hess This Afternoon
- Still No Charges for License-less Driver Who Caused Fatal Hampton Crash
- Do Local Bike, Car Laws or Roads Need Changing?
- Police: Driver At Fault for Accident that Kills 2 Bikers
- Two Bikers Killed by Vehicle During Hampton Race
- Multiple People Reportedly Struck Near Route 1A Bridge