Arrest Made in Gymnastics Facility Theft
Police reported multiple thefts, and a pedestrian hit-and-run accident.
The following entries are excerpts from arrest and call logs supplied by the North Hampton Police Department. The information does not indicate a conviction.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7
- 9:30 p.m. — A Stratham woman came to the police station to report that her purse was stolen from her vehicle earlier in the day while it was parked at Shaw's
THURSDAY, MARCH 8
- 4:40 p.m. — An officer located a man taking some of the wood trimmings left behind by Asplundh workers on a private residence on South Road. Police said Asplundh workers have stated they "have had issues" with individuals stealing firewood in this manner. The man told police that the homeowner gave him permission to take the wood, which was later confirmed by police.
FRIDAY, MARCH 9
- 7:30 p.m. — Police responded to the New Hampshire Academy of Artistic Gymnastics at 67 Winnicut Road after a purse was reported stolen from a vehicle at that location. During the investigation police determined the credit cards stolen during the incident were "actively being used" at various Stratham businesses. Stratham police were able to follow-up on the investigation and charged Theresa C. Paquette, of Stratham, with receiving stolen property.
SATURDAY, MARCH 10
- 9:30 p.m. — Police responded to the Rockingham County House of Corrections and arrested Paquette, mentioned in the above log entry, on an active warrant. Paquette was booked and held on $1,000 cash bail. Paquette was scheduled for arraignment on March 12 in Hampton District Court.
SUNDAY, MARCH 11
- 12:35 a.m. — A North Hampton man called to report that a vehicle traveling south on Lafayette Road in front of him was driving erratically. The man reported that as he passed the vehicle the allegedly erratic driver began flashing his high beams and "flipping off" the man. Police checked the area, but didn't locate the driver. The caller didn't want to file a written statement.
- 11:00 a.m. — A North Hampton woman called to report her camera was taken from her vehicle while it was parked recently at the New Hampshire Academy of Artistic Gymnastics at 67 Winnicut Road.
MONDAY, MARCH 12
- 11:45 p.m. — Police received a report about a hit and run accident involving a pedestrian on Post Road near Sagamore Golf. Police responded to Exeter Hospital to investigate the matter, which involved a vehicle owned by a Stratham man. Additional information is unavailable at this time.